Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Taking a break from posts

After two weeks of posting, I decided I would take a short break and contact some people who were in Manitoba during those early years, give them the link to this page, and ask if they can send me some input about the community's early years. If I don't succeed, I will resume my own sequence of memories and events!! So, please contact me.

I am looking for records - in the form of write-ups of their memories, newspaper clips, or photographs.

I am also looking for names and addresses of people who can contribute posts that talk about their own memories or of community milestones.

For example, when I first arrived, I heard about a family that would invite all who were from India in Manitoba to their Diwali dinner, and that they lived on Pembina Highway. The name as I recall was Professor Sarwate and that he was in the Engineering department of the U. of Manitoba, and that they had recently left. I even remember tracing down the house in which they had lived and thinking how small the house was and how lively the community get-together would have been.
But so far, I have not been able to find anyone who has heard of them, and I have forgotten who told me about them.

That is the kind of information that would really help build this blogsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment